Sister Circle Guidelines
A Safe Space Is A Sacred Space
Guidelines for Coming to Circle
- We begin promptly, so please arrive on time. We do not want to disrupt the circle once it begins.
- Feel free to bring something to put on the group altar to be charged. (you will be bringing it home.)
- Come comfy. We will be on the floor, I do have pillows and chairs for sisters who need it.
Guidelines for Participating while Circle is in Progress
- No Side conversations. Save CHIT-CHAT for after the circle is complete.
- No Phones.
- Speak only for yourself - use “I” messages.
- Share what is comfortable. Do not pressure others to share.
- Feel free to pass.
- Do not give advice.
- Tell your own story.
- Be open-minded and nonjudgmental. Meet your sisters where they are at, not where you think they should be.
- Wait until the person speaking has finished before you speak.
- Keep personal stories confidential and close to your heart. What happens in circle STAYS in circle.
- Please respect different ways of healing and all feelings as valid.